Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Marriages with federal prison time?

Ok so here is my question... when my ex boyfriend, the father of my baby knew he was going to get federal prison time his lawyer told him there were only a couple of way to get reduced time once he was sentenced. Those ways were:
1. completing some kind of program while he was there (i cant remember what he called it) and
2. being married knocked off like 18 months of time.

Now he is getting ready for sentencing and has been out on bond since being arrested because of his health. Well now that we aren't together and he has a new woman in his life I think that he has married her. He won't tell me whether they are married or not. He has been trying to keep her a secret from me.
My two questions are
1. How can i find out if they are married? Are there any websites that I can search to find out?
2. Is it true that him being married will reduce his time in the federal system?

I would appreciate any helpful answers. THANKS
Answer:
My boyfriend has been in federal prison since 1998. I have never EVER heard about the "marriage-sentence-reduction" thing.

*Faye Prudence* , there are no conjugal visits in federal. Only some state prisons provide for them.
why do you want a loser going away for crimes against society? Are you that hard up? Let him go and get a job and real man.
Go on line in you state and look to see if they post marriage licenses. I don't know if marriage reduces the sentences. If I were you I would serve him with child support papers, then be grateful that he was out of your life. You and your baby deserve more than this jail bird, good luck
Marriage does not reduce sentence time. The only thing that is possible is congical visits and there are a LOT of different things for even that to happen. The Federal Sentencing Guidelines makes no provision in sentencing for marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net