Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mockingbird Laws in Texas?

What is the fine for shooting a mockingbird in the state of Texas? I know that the mockingbird is protected by the state because it is the state bird. However, one lives outside my window and I haven't slept in a few days. Have you seen Failure to Launch? If you have, my situation is very similar to Kit's (is that the character name?). Thanks bunches!
Answer:
I would never say to use a b.b. gun or a sling shot ... I would never tell you to climb the tree with a fist full of trebble hooks and fish line ... nor would I tell you that a bow and arrow could do the trick.

These things are beyond me ... I love mocking birds and their noises that keep me up all night give me great thrills when trying to explain myself to those who want to know why my eyes are bloodshot and I am trembling like a crack head ...

I will not say that if ice pellets are used - that in short time in the summer months especially - that all the evidence MELTS and there cannot be a crime charged without a murder weapon can there be??

Can you see that I too ... have a state bird that visits me nightly?? Wonder what a State bird tastes like?

Ummm Chicken??

Peace and don't eat no bird that mocks you while you chew;

Aintmyfault
.
It's bad luck for life and failure to launch was the F***ng most boring movie on the planet. I made it 1/4th through and shut it off. Don't shoot mocking birds. Im pretty sure its illegal. Ever read the book "To kill a Mockingbird"?
Yes it is illegal to shoot a mockingbird in Texas as they are protected. Try putting a fake owl in the tree where the bird lives.
I can't tell you what to do, when I gave the same advise over a dog, they removed my answer
Get a cat from Animal Control. But take care of it if it solves your problem. Even if it doesn't. You'll have a freind for life.

1 comment:

  1. Is it illegal to own a caged mockingbird in the state of Texas ? What about a Warbler ?

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net