Saturday, October 24, 2009

Legal definitions. I'm confused?

OK so I was looking on the sex offender site for our area and I was wondering what the diffrence is between these since they all seem to be the same...

LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS BEHAVIOR how is this different then INDECENT LIBERTIES WITH A CHILD and how is that different than MOLEST OF CHILD I? And how is AGGRIVATED SEXUAL BATTERY different than RAPE? I looked up the definitions and it seems that they are all pretty much the same thing.
Answer:
lewd and lascivious behavior could include things like flashing yourself in public. it doesn't involve children.

indecent liberties with a child is not touching inappropriately, but more voyeuristic.

molesting a child involves actually touching someone.

aggravated sexual battery does not necessarily involve intercourse. objects, sexual assault, etc.

rape, by definition, requires intercourse, with an unwilling participant.
Those terms would vary from state to state, one poster has posted the answer for what is probably their own state.

Keep in mind "rape" is use to define a wide variaty of behavior.

Ex 1. 4 males see an 11-year old girl walking home from school, grab her drag her behind a bush, beat her, and repeatedly have forceable sex with her then leave her there.

Ex 2. Female college student invites male college student to her dorm room. Female consents to varity of acts including kissing, fondling and heavy petting. Female voluntarily undresses and aid the the male in undressing. Female aids male in putting on a condem. As the male is about to penitrate the female pushes him and says, "I have changed my mind, I want to wait until I am married before I have sex." He ingores her revocation of consent and being he is already on top of her, heavier and stronger easily over powers her and they have sex.

In both examples the crime committed was "rape." (In the first example also battery and maybe kidnapping.) However, I would not be worried about my kids playing in the back yard if my neighbor had committed the second rape.

Also be aware in some states urinating behind a bar is now considered the "sex crime" indecent exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net