Saturday, October 24, 2009

Legal matters involving a younger ex girlfriend?

Ok, I'm being harassed by an ex. Last summer, I dated her for 3 months. She was 16, I had just turned 18. With the fallout again, I'm worried she's going to try to pull criminal charges on me. I talked with a deputy, and he told me I could be charged. But, I read on the WV state site, 16 is the age of legal consent. And in order to really charge me, they'd have to prove beyond a doubt she was forced. But she was not, she was the one who started it. And there is a part stating that she must be at least 4 years younger than I am in order to press the 3rd degree assault. Her mother knew, everyone knew. They have not threatened with legal action, but with this, should I worry? I have proof she's been harassing me and that any legal action would be malicious since it's been a year since anything has happened. Do I consult with a lawyer, or should I not worry? She's never even mentioned bringing up a criminal case, but I'd not put it past her.
Answer:
She has no case! End of story!

The age difference between 18-16 is so minor, and 16 year olds can give consent, that no one is going to spend taxpayers money on this one! If you were 21 that would be a different story, or if she is 16 and did not have the cognitive ability to give consent!
no, forget about it and if she tries to press charges grab a mp3 player with recording feature and head over to her house, push her buttons until she says something incriminating then keep pushing them untill she unknowingly confeses to liing to the court, then turn around and charge her for making false statements.
You should definitely consult with a lawyer, just in case, since you have the potential to be labeled as a sex offender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net