Saturday, October 24, 2009

Legal or illegal?

I reported an incident of stolen valuable of mine to the police station. My complete name and address were asked and i gave them. After all, they demanded an amount to pay which according to them, will be the processing fee. I paid but no official receipt was issued to me.
Answer:
wow, you paid a fee for a police report? you may want to contact a court clerk, or chief officer about that?
i work in law enforcement, and i have NEVER heard of a processing fee for a stolen article report...
hope you didn't get ripped off..
hmmm...i didn't think that it cost anything to file a police report...but who are you gonna report them to? they are the police...I guess you could try and go over there heads, call and ask the county police, or the state police...whatever is above what you reported to...good luck
there should have been a receipt or some kind of documentation showing the amount you paid
Don't you get tired of posting fake questions?
illigal. to file a report with the police you dont pay nothing at all my opion?
Did you get a copy of the report? If so that is why you paid a fee. It is legal for them to charge you for a copy. I had to get a police report for my bank to reimburse me for debit card theft and paid $3.50 for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net