Saturday, October 31, 2009

Life sucks,DOES ANY ONE IN ATLANTA KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET A JOB IF YOU HAVE A FELONY IN ANTHER STATE?

Heres my deal,I'm from IL moved to Atlanta GA and I have a background in IL.I did my time and it seems like america still wants me to do time if you know what I mean for those who dont know what I mean is this,I'm get a degree in school and have changed all my bad ways, I did time in the prison system and responsiblaly did it with out complant but I dont understand why a changed person wont be accepted by American people.I cant get a JOB,a HOUSE,or any thing cause of my past LET ME REMIND YOU I DID MY TIME so why does America hold these few individuales back that want to move forward?But any way I very mad at this system that American people and communitys hold aginst exconvicts that really want to be a part of AMERICAN culture.Bottom line is I need a JOB in ATLANTA GA that hires some one with a background in another state. P.S felony has been about 4yrs old PLEASE HELP
Answer:
Unfair.. yes. It should be different in the way that if one has done the time and paid their debt one should be a free and clear citizen. Those who have done so are often better citizens as they are more able to appreciate what it all means.

But. fact is there are millions of poeple who never had a felony. Of course there are millions of people who have not. Nowdays hiring a person who had a felony costs a whole lot for just insurance reasons.

4 years ago you messed up somehow. In this day and age a misdemeanor can bar one from emplyment. That is the point. it matters not how you did your time and that day or night that something happened.. it happened. It is an immediate drop as others did not place themselves in this position. Millions did not.

You can dig out but it will take some time.
WEll you can't blame them for being skeptical on taking the chance to hire you with a felony conviction. I like giving the guy a second chance but I would still be skeptical! Don't give up, stay focused!
See if a large call center would hire you. I know there are lots of customer service jobs in Atlanta.

I am glad you have changed your life. My hubby had a rough past and it has been very hard for him to overcome. Just keep at it and do good things. Remember that you're keeping your side of the street clean and you can't control what another person does.

You might also call Vocational Rehab down there and see if there's anyplace that routinely gives people second chances.

Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net