Saturday, October 31, 2009

Legal Rights Regarding Lawn Mowing and Cars?

I park my new car in my company's parking lot. Every week, a lawn mowing company mows the lawn around the parking lot and gets grass all over my back bumper (I park head out far enough from the cement stop so that my back bumper is not over the grass).

I usually don't mind the mess although it is very difficult to remove - not to mention, technically ruins my paint.

I just washed my car yesterday. I had a very long day at work today and I find my car dirty with hard-to-remove-paint-damaging-...

Do I have any rights here in terms of maybe someone paying for my carwash? I think it's silly of me to escalate this but I am very careful to not get in the way of those mowing the lawn for them to just be inconsiderate and aim the cut grass at my car. Who would be responsible - my company or the lawn mowing company? and how would I go about getting a free car wash, if possible?

Thanks!
Answer:
Solution is simple...park somewhere else. If you park in an assigned spot where this is happening, see if you can be moved to another assigned spot or pay to park at a nearby privately owned garage.
probably not, both would tell you to park else wear. Its not right but I bet that's what would be said.
You cant get any $$ back for you spending $$ to get your car washed,Get a tarp and cover the back of your car down to the bumper.
Here's a crazy idea - ask them not to get grass on your car, or cover it up with something. I know, it's insane, but I can't help myself.
You are right; you are very silly to escalate this..

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on this forum in a long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net